Electricity has become an indispensable part of human life. Without electricity, there will be no invention or innovation and life can become standstill. With energy prices rising steadily over the years and environmental concerns, many homeowners are looking for the best viable options to power homes with renewable or green power systems. Solar panels for homes have emerged as the most popular straightforward energy harvesting system due to their solid-state nature, which means that it is a fixed system that requires less maintenance over the years. Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems known in various ways such as solar panel systems, solar energy systems, or solar power systems help convert sunlight into electricity through a method called photovoltaic effect and store the energy for use. You can use the electricity generated by your solar PV system to power homes, your businesses, or even your car. While advantages from installing solar panel for homes are many, some roof styles, home locations, and other factors significantly impact on how much energy you can generate and how much to decide on spending on solar panels installation for homes. Every great decision and serious purchase require thorough planning and accurate calculations. So, as you research solar panel companies, consider these five important factors first to help you estimate your energy generation and savings potential through solar energy.
- Feasibility Of Your Rooftop : The orientation of your house rooftop is a very important factor that can influence your solar photovoltaic system. The amount of rooftop space, the roof structure, square feet of the roof, fundamentally decides on how the solar panel system can be installed. Solar panels should face the south to receive the maximum amount of sunlight throughout the day. Solar Panels can be usually availed in standard 325Wp (Watt Peak) to 460Wp size. Most of the time, it depends on the solar panel installer you choose, space availability, and the system design. Be sure to analyse the requirements and parameters before you power your home with the sun.
- Understand the Solar PV system for Houses : There are many variables when it comes to the actual solar PV system for houses. It comes in three main parts: the solar panels, the inverters, and the racking.
- Solar panels : Solar panel is the main component and the most expensive part of your Solar PV system. For the off-grid solar power systems, you must be careful about the type of panel that you are choosing. There are two kin ds of panels available in the market monocrystalline and polycrystalline type. These two types have their unique properties. The monocrystalline type is made of uniform crystals made from pure and large silicone bars that make the panels more efficient while eliminating the space wastage. The polycrystalline are purified and molded crystal panels that are less efficient when compared to monocrystalline. As a consumer, it is important to invest the time and money into installing the best quality solar panels from a reputable brand to have them last longer and give you higher returns.
- Inverters : Inverter converts DC power from the solar panels to AC power for the grid. There are two main types of inverters widely used- central inverter and a micro inverter. Central inverters come along with multiple solar panels while micro inverters are small units that attach to each solar panel and convert the electricity right at the panel. If your roof has multiple directions or a shady portion, then micro inverters might be the better solution, but they are expensive and not always relevant.
- Racking : This is the mounting structure on which the solar panels are fixed. Most of the solar panel systems use rails but with technological advancements over years, rail-less systems are also available in the market.
- Check for Solar panel certifications : The certification of solar panels indicates that the solar panels you choose are robust and ensure guaranteed power reliably even under harsh climatic conditions. Certifications also ensure that the Solar PV system is safe and durable while yielding better power output over the long term of usage. For instance, IEC 61215 and IEC 61730 are two main international standards that laydown design qualification and type approval for terrestrial photovoltaic modules suitable to operate on a long-term basis.
Check for warranties : Warranty is important to consider to protect your solar panels and other parts of your solar PV system. Having a warranty helps you to keep the manufacturer accountable, for any damage incurred on the panels and other parts of the equipment.
Some of the warranties you must look for are solar panel warranty that covers your solar panels for 25-30years which is considered as the industry standard. Any panel that comes with warranty less than this standard should be considered mediocre. Industry standards indicate that you will receive a minimum of 80% output of energy for the lifetime of panels that are covered under the warranty period. Installation warranty is also covered in by many installers that generally last for 2-10years. Installation warranty covers the labour, parts to repair or replacement of defective parts, shipping, and more. Inverter warranty also covers a warranty period of 5-10years that covers material, manufacturing defects, and other flaws, but does not cover normal wear and tear, improper maintenance and other installation defects.
- Cost-benefit : The homeowner must make a cost analysis and decide on the quantum of electricity produced from solar PV system for profitable returns. The prime goal of setting up a solar PV system for your home is to meet your power needs and the amount of power that can be transferred to the grid to generate additional revenues.
Closing paragraph: Having solar panels installed for your home is a one-time investment, be scrupulous in finding the best professional solar panel installers who can offer you strong warranties. Ultimately, don’t forget that you get what you pay for. Don’t be carried away by the lower price, as inferior components can reduce the up-front cost of the system. Where there is electricity, there is a risk of electric shock, hence the professional installation is a must. Not all the solar panels and inverters available in the market can fullfil the quality standards, quality of components, and installers can vary substantially. If you want to switch to solar power for your home, reach us at email@example.com or contact @ +97142594454